Community / Alternative Service


Q: Who is responsible for keeping track of the time I work?

A: YOU are responsible for keeping up with work hours. If you do not sign in and out you will not receive credit for that day.

Q: Can I choose when I want to work?

A: You may work any day you wish, however, if the Probation Officer assigns you a day and time to work, you are required to be there. Failure to do so will result in Failure to Appear and/or Contempt of Court.

Q: Can I work half days or partial days?

A: Community Service work is tracked by the hour. If you work a partial or half day you will be credited with a partial or half day.

Q: If I do not live in Searcy County, can I perform community service somewhere else?

A: Yes, but it must be approved through the local Probation Office.

Q: What do I do when I complete my assignment?

A: Contact Probation Officer.

Q: What do I need to do if it is raining, or in the event of inclement weather?

A: In the event of rain or inclement weather, community service will most likely be postponed to another day. If you are scheduled to work that day, contact the Probation Office at 870-448-2721.

Q: What if I am unable to work due to a disability?

A: No one on Disability is allowed to work.

Q: What if I do not sign in or out on the time sheet at the work site?

A: If you do not sign out, credit for that day may not be given.

Q: What if I miss a scheduled work day due to an illness?

A: Inform the Probation Office BEFORE the work day begins or by calling the Sheriff's Department at 870-448-2340.